Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thank God For Delays!!!!

Now as most of who ever stumbles upon this blog (I like poking funny at the fact that only one or two people read this thing, but only if I continuously bug them to XD) know.

I LOVE Video Games!!!

And the one Game that has stuck in my heart (other than Halo) is Splinter Cell. This game has been around since the Original Xbox (I remember I got it back in '02). After that faithful day every time a new Splinter Cell Game came out I immediately went out and bought one (or "Borrowed" it from a friend).

When the news came down the pipe that they were going to make another Splinter Cell I jumped out of chair, after coming back from the Hospital, I rejoiced.

Seeing that it still had The "Tom Clancy" Name on it I knew that it wouldn't disappoint.

With the news that Splinter Cell: Conviction was being delayed at in 2007, At first I was really saddened, but seeing stills and somewhat vague reviews on the progress of the game and it's multiplayer, I can't help but jump for joy about the delay news.

Weirdly enough I just now found out that it was delayed in '07. Thanks to the very helpfully Wikipedia (though there info tends to be wrong a lot of the time, since it's written by people, and people tend to spin bullshit and pretend to know what they are talking about when, in reality, don't know anything).




Though at the beginning of every delay, it has this effect that makes you sad that you won't be able to play it from a few more months. This Delay gave the guys over at Ubisoft Montreal more and more time to get this game right! They rebuilt the fighting mechanics to make a more violent Sam Fisher. They upgraded the graphics to finally make a true NexGen Game. They took what they learned (or were learning) from Assassin's Creed 2, and fitting it into the world of Splinter Cell. To explain this I'll have to show you...



Watching this I very nearly Crapped my pants (I would have said the other thing but that would have come out as a little to vulgar even for me).

While This game looks amazing, I'm a little confused at the fact that Assassin's Creed 2 was made by the same guys, so why are the graphics so astoundingly different?
Don't get me wrong the game has some amazing Gameplay graphics and Gameplay mechanics, I have to cringe every time I watch a scene within the game that has HORRIBLE motion (what That means is that whilst playing the game some of the characters movements were poorly animated, they twitched and moved in ways humans don't normally move)

And I could have sworn I saw a part in the "cinematics" where I saw through someone!!! I Thought they got rid of that!!!!!


Anyways, here's the trailer they showed during E3, Enjoy!!!


No comments: