Saturday, November 14, 2009

2012 Review

WARNING: This review may contain Spoilers.

This was one of those movies that I thought was going to suck, same with "The Day After Tomorrow" but I ended up loving that movie. Same goes for this one. Why would anyone want to miss the end of the world. As of right now it's up 300% on imdb.

General Idea
When a prophesied apocalypse appears to be coming true, a struggling writer and father (John Cusack) has to race against time and the odds to lead his family to safety and salvation in the latest film from Roland Emmerich, the director of The Day After Tomorrow and Independence Day.

The Good
Two Things. The first being, Just like most of Emmerich's films, it starts off like an average day and than disaster ensues. This is were it hits its strongest, this movie has some of the most amazing graphic disasters throughout the film. I'm sure millions of CGI people died. While watching I couldn't do anything but go "Whoa... look at the pretty boom boom."

Secondly, is the emotional aspect they throw into the pot. Every single one the main actors conveys amazing emotion during the duration of the film. The two that showed the most (actually the three) in the movie were Danny Glover, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and John Cusack. They portrayed the loss of peoples lives amazingly, it felt like they truly cared for the people who died.

The Bad
The only thing that bugged me was the occasional shitty extra, that spat a few lines in the movie. If you have a keen eye for mistakes in movies you'll see what I'm talking about. and the fact that John Cusack and Chiwetel Ejiofor seem to be the main focus of the movie and we already know that neither of them are going to die, while millions of others die horrible during the duration of the movie.

All-in-All
for a giant, epic, disaster movie I'd have to say it lands right up there with the greats (thats for you to decide what the great are). I'll give this movie a 9.5! I would have given it a 10 but people seem to think I like movie's to much, so I'm toning the ratings down (I'm kidding, the reason is because there were some things that bothered just me and I don't want to ruin the film for others.)

No comments: