Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Rant: Star Wars

Ok, I got into a huge arguement with my ex-girlfriend a couple of days ago (no not about us, ironically about Star Wars, weird huh.) and seeing as how my love for star wars has yet to die out (as is also the case with my Ex), I thought I would take this rant to talk about my Love For the Star Wars saga (And hopefully not my Ex). Even though the franchise has been going down hill since "The Phantom Menace."

It was 1995 when I first saw episodes 4-6 (Hey I'm only 21!!) So that would mean I was eight when I saw them. When "May the Force Be With You" was held with such a religious undertone, it was made biblical. However I cared little for Luke and Obi, Their child like encounters and interactions did not interest me in the least. I wanted to know the Dark side of the force and how it came to be. I wanted to know the truth behind why the Jedi and Sith hate each other so much.

But of course I was let down.

My childish ambitions for giant space battles were quenched, and my hatred for George Lucas grew when he promised greatness for the next prequels of the trilogy and didn't deliver!

Now I will admit that Lucas is an amazing storyteller, and knows how to show it. But as George Lucas gets older so does his creativity and passion for respecting the fans.

I would write more but I just don't have it in me.

No comments: